Traveler’s Aid is given to persons who live outside of Florence County but who are stranded in the area. The purpose of the assistance is to help travelers get home. Assistance is given in the form of a bus ticket or a tank of gas and is only offered on Tuesdays. Please note that since this is a service offered to those who are not Florence County residents, participants who receive Traveler’s Aid are not eligible for any future services from Lighthouse Ministries.
Qualifications for Assistance:
- Participant cannot be a Florence County resident.
- Participant cannot have received past assistance from Lighthouse Ministries.
For bus tickets:
- Participant must have valid photo ID and Social Security card.
- Participant must have a confirmed place to stay upon arrival at their destination.
- Driver of the vehicle must be able to provide the following documentation
- Valid driver’s license
- Social Security card for self and all passengers
- Vehicle tag number
- Valid vehicle registration papers
- Valid proof of vehicle insurance
To schedule an appointment:
- Call Lighthouse Ministries (843-629-0830) schedule an appointment. Traveler’s aid appointments are only scheduled for Tuesday mornings.